Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Japanese Style Fried Soba Rice+Spring Mix salad



Fried Soba Rice Recipe


Organic Ingredients:

  1. Soba 
  2. Brown Rice
  3. Frozen peas carrots green beans corn package
  4. Onion
  5. Ketchup
  6. Soy Sauce


How to make it:

  • Break soba  into about 1.5 inch pieces.
  • According to your package instructions to cook the soba and brown rice.



  • Dice the onion.
  •  A trick to not cry while dicing onion:1. dice the onion on one side of the stove. 2. turn on the gas on the other side of the stove. 3. Turn on the stove hood vents.


  • Add a little Camelia Oil.
  • Stir fry the onion till it's semi-transparent.


  • Add the frozen peas, carrots, green beans, and corn to the pan and stir them for about 1 to 2 minutes.


  • Add the brown rice and keep stirring and mix them well.


  • Add the soba and mix again.


  • Add some ketchup and soy sauce and  mix everything well.




Spring Mix Recipe


Organic ingredients:

  1. Spring Mix package
  2. Yellow and red bell peppers
  3. Onion
  4. Pomegranate
  5. Balsamic Vinegar
  6. Olive Oil




How to make it:
  • Put the spring mix inside a container.
  • Dice the onion and red and yellow bell peppers and put them in the spring mix container.
  • sprinkle the pomegranate.
  • Add some balsmic vinegar and olive oil.
  • Mix well.




This is the lunch I made for my family last weekend.

P.S. I took the first and the last pictures of this article and my mom took the other pictures.


P.S.S. Crayon Shin-chan likes the lunch I made,too. :D

5 comments:

  1. like mother like daughter!!

    Good !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, Rachel:

    Heritage passes along generation, in particular through foods/cooking, the memory of home uaually roots from mom's recipe.

    Good job & nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send some over to uncle Tetsu in Tokyo!

    >>to Jack and 新的, mom did not COOK like that when she was Rachael's age, so don't be fooled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Jack
    Thank You!
    Also Thank You for coming to my blog.
    My mom said please read Tetsu's comment!

    To 新的
    Thank You!
    Also Thank You for coming to my blog.
    My mom said please read Tetsu's comment!

    To Uncle Testu
    My mom said send us tickets to Tokyo and I will cook for you at your place!:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks very delicious.

    You know what? Thanks for your trick:
    I don't need to wear my swim goggles while cutting onion anymore......

    ReplyDelete